SUGAR-FREE LEMONADE IN ONLY 5 SECONDS!
By Madaline McDaniel, LakesideTable.com
You can make this Sugar Free Lemonade with only 3 ingredients! Ok, I lied. If you want to count the water, it’s 4 ingredients: lemons, Truvia, ice & water.
And, you only need 4 tools! Ok, I lied again. If you want to count a glass to drink it with, it’s 5 tools: blender, knife, measuring cup, strainer & glass.
What I love most about this quick recipe is that you don’t have to squeeze a ton of lemons. You don’t have to wait for a hot summer day. And, you get all the freshly squeezed lemon juice with practically no work at all!
SUGAR-FREE LEMONADE RECIPE
- Wash 3 lemons, cut them in half, and take out the seeds.
- Put them in a blender (yes, skins and all!) and pour in 2 cups water & ⅓ cup Truvia (or erythritol).
- Blitz on high for 3 seconds.
- Then add 2 more cups of water and 2 cups of ice.
- Blend on the highest speed for 2 more seconds.
- Pour into glasses (or a pitcher) filled with ice.
SUGAR-FREE LEMONADE RECIPE VARIATIONS
I’ve made this homemade lemonade with only lemons, with a mix of lemons and limes, and I’ve even tossed in a little basil and thyme. I liked the herbs, my family… not so much. Here are some other ideas you might want to try.
- Meyer lemons
- Tangerines and oranges
- 3 lemons and 1 cup of blueberries
- Toss a couple of whole raspberries into your glass before serving
- Add 1 inch washed ginger root to blender with cut lemons
- Jazz it up with a sprig of basil or mint in the glass
- Sweeten it up a bit and balance the Truvia with 10 drops of Stevia
- Add bubbles – Don’t add the second round of 2 cups of water with ice. Instead, add the ice blitz, then gently stir in 2 cups of sparkling water, then strain and serve.
MAKING REAL LEMON LEMONADE WITH SUGAR
Since Truvia (or erythritol) dissolves almost instantly and sugar does not, the method changes just a bit. If you have simple syrup on hand, replace step 1 with 1 cup simple syrup and 1 cup water.
- In the blender, pour 2 cups HOT water and ½ cup sugar. Blitz on the highest speed for 5 seconds. This will help the sugar dissolve.
- Add the cut and seeded lemons to the blender. Blitz again for 3 seconds on the highest speed.
- Add 2 cups COLD water and 2 cups ice. Blend on high for 3 seconds.
- Strain over ice & serve.
HEALTHY LEMONADE CHOICES
Not only is this a refreshing drink for warm days, but it’s a healthy choice too. Lemons are full of vitamin C, citric acid, and soluble fiber.
Studies have shown that adding lemons and fresh lemon juice to your diet decreases cholesterol, helps prevent kidney stones, helps heart health, and aids in weight loss.
Jerry and I enjoy a glass of wine (or 2!) with dinner on the weekends, but we opt for a chilled glass of homemade 5 Second Lemonade during the week. It has 95% fewer calories than wine, and it’s light, refreshing, and compliments almost any meal.
Edited by the GNL Editorial Staff